Mohawk College Student Recreation Centre
Hamilton’s Mohawk College campus is redefined through an award-winning architectural project (LEED Gold).
Sector: Postsecondary Education
About the Project
The expansive new recreation centre was built alongside the existing student centre at Mohawk College. The new campus hub offers a truly multi-use experience with a triple gymnasium, studio spaces, outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, the Health and Wellness centre and a full fitness centre. Public meeting spaces, a café and faculty administrative spaces create a new community hub on campus.
High-impact interior and exterior lighting complements the acclaimed design of the building. A fully powered bridge connects the new Recreation Centre with the existing building. The project was awarded LEED Gold distinction for outstanding sustainable design and construction.
- Innisfil Multi-Use Recreation Complex
- University of Guelph W.F. Mitchell Athletic Centre
- Sheridan College Hazel McCallion Campus II (Design Build)
- Georgian College Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness
- Laurentian University McEwen School of Architecture
- McMaster University L.R. Wilson Hall