W.F. Mitchell Athletic Centre
An expansive LEED-certified fitness centre and 2,500-seat event arena at the University of Guelph.
Sector: Postsecondary Education
About the Project
Originally built in 1958, the refurbished fitness centre at the University of Guelph becomes redefined as a hub for health and wellness on campus. The renewal and expansion of the 150,000 square-foot centre features added administrative space for Department of Athletics staff, a fitness centre, triple-court gym, climbing gym and suspended running track.
Complex electrical engineering upgrades the space including LED lighting and Dali control, complete rewiring for new electrical systems, advanced communication systems, and new high voltage substation. The sustainable approach to construction and engineering earned the W.F. Mitchell Centre LEED Silver certification.
- McEwen School of Architecture
- Sheridan College Hazel McCallion Campus II (Design Build)
- Georgian College Sadlon Centre for Health and Wellness
- McMaster University L.R. Wilson Hall
- Mohawk College Student Recreation Centre