Halton Hills GO Transit Facility
Complex electrical engineering defines this sustainable transit hub (LEED Gold).
Sector: Design Build; Transit Facilities
About the Project
Also working on GO Transit facilities in Brampton and Hamilton, Accel Electrical is proud to play an important role in building sustainable public transportation infrastructure across Ontario. The Halton Hills GO facilities exceeded its LEED Silver target, using 40% less energy than with standard construction and achieving LEED Gold distinction.
The new bus and garage maintenance facility can store up to 42 buses indoors and includes outdoor parking for buses and other vehicles. The facility includes indoor bus fueling, bus repair bays and bus wash systems and underground tanks — alongside staff amenities, administrative spaces and a training centre.
Noteworthy electrical engineering components include high-bay and fiber-glass enclosed fixtures, LED outdoor pole lighting, a generator and automatic transfer switch, a low-voltage light control system, and charging stations for electric vehicles.
- Brampton GO Transit Facility (Design Build)
- Hamilton GO Transit Facility (Design Build)
- 407 East Patrol Yard (Design Build)
- iPort Caledon (Design Build)
- Mars Industrial Canada (Design Build)
- Williams Parkway Operational Centre Phase I and II
- Pickering Operations Centre