Hamilton GO Transit Facility
A sustainable storage and maintenance centre with rigorous service capabilities (LEED Gold).
Sector: Design Build; Transit Facilities
About the Project
Also working on GO Transit facilities in Brampton and Halton Hills, Accel Electrical is proud to play an important role in building sustainable public transportation infrastructure across Ontario. The Hamilton GO Transit Facility features secure storage and maintenance spaces, an indoor fueling station, bus repair bays and a bus wash system. Employee amenities include training facilities, a fitness centre and lounge, and ample administrative space.
The facility has been designed to achieve LEED Gold certification through the use of energy efficient systems such as LED lighting, an LED traffic signal system, and public electric vehicle charging stations. The building also hosts a 2500L diesel generator and transfer switch, digital metering, an advanced security system for both the building and parking areas, and an interlocking fuel system to shut down fuelling pumps in the event of a fire.
- Brampton GO Transit Facility (Design Build)
- Halton Hills GO Transit Facility (Design Build)
- 407 East Patrol Yard (Design Build)
- iPort Caledon (Design Build)
- Mars Industrial Canada (Design Build)
- Williams Parkway Operational Centre Phase I and II
- Pickering Operations Centre